Concerns about the novel corona virus (COVID-19) and public gatherings are mounting. We are recommending the below precautions for our upcoming group lessons. As long as public gatherings are considered safe to attend by our local health authorities, we will not cancel classes. Please use the below suggestions collected from the CDC, Gritman Medical Center, and other dance venues to ensure safety for yourself and your fellow students:
Protect yourself by:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for a minimum 20 seconds.
- Using least 60% alcohol hand cleaners, when soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes with unwashed hands.
- Avoid areas where there is an outbreak and contact with people who may be infected. Especially if you are immunocompromised, including those with asthma, the elderly, and those with suppressed immune systems.
Help avoid spreading the virus by staying home if you:
- Are sick, especially if you have flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- Have returned from traveling in an area with widespread, ongoing community spread (not just a travel ban/warning) within the last 3 weeks.
- Have had close physical contact with a person currently under investigation for COVID-19, or whom is a confirmed to have COVID-19.
We are monitoring this situation and if it changes we will do whatever is needed to keep our students safe. We will rely on the local health authorities and on people who are knowledgeable about this virus for updates. If the City of Moscow decides to close their facilities as a disease prevention precaution we will work with them to either reschedule lessons, or give prorated refunds. Until then we will be dancing. We feel that, provided that everyone takes the above precautions, the mental and physical health that dancing provides will benefit everyone.
Resources for more information: